Multicultural Youth Network
The Multicultural Youth Network (MYN) is a collective of young leaders committed to building a bright future for multiculturalism in Australia. The MYN is committed to working together to promote the value of cultural diversity and to foster acceptance and respect of this diversity.
The MYN provides a forum for young people with a personal commitment to the values of multiculturalism who are keen to share their ideas with other young people and with all levels of government.
The MYN is a great way to meet like-minded people and expand your networks. For those wishing to get more involved with their community, the MYN is an appropriate way of starting.
The MYN is an initiative of the Community Relations Commission (CRC) and is supported by CRC staff. The thoughts and opinions of the MYN are conveyed directly to the Commission.
The MYN meets every 4-6 weeks and members of the MYN are provided with a range of opportunities to:
• Meet other young people who are passionate about multiculturalism in NSW
• Make sure NSW Government is aware of issues of concern
• Participate in team building activities
• Work with the CRC to organise youth events such as the annual Youth Leaders Day and Youth Harmony Festival
• Attend training workshops
• Participate in networking and social events
You can join MYN if you are aged between 16-29 years and live in NSW.
For more information or to apply, simply download and complete an application form here.
What Can the MYN Do For You?
The MYN can relay your concerns to the CRC, and can assist in developing projects in response to key issues that will benefit young people and the whole community. To contact the MYN via email please click here or call 8255 6753.